|Posted on July 10, 2018 at 2:05 PM|
Making and Keeping Friends: Resolving Problems in Relationships
Because each situation is different, you will have to use your resourcefulness, along with good communication skills and other strategies, to decide what to do and what action to take each time a difficult situation comes up or you become aware of a difference that is keeping your friendship from being a good one. Some things you can do include:
• talk with the other person using "I...Read Full Post »
|Posted on April 15, 2017 at 4:00 PM|
Making and Keeping Friends: Establishing and Honoring Boundaries
Feelings inside of you (intuition) let you know who you do and don't want to be close to. Sometimes you may want to be close to a person but are confused by questions of boundaries. You may ask yourself questions like "Have I called too much this week?" "Have I stayed too long; should I leave now?" "Should I offer to help her with the children or would she be uncomfortable with that?" It's appr...Read Full Post »
|Posted on January 7, 2017 at 12:55 AM|
Makeing and Keeping Friends: Building Skills that Enhance Friendships
Everyone brings special qualities friendships—qualities that make friendships richer and stronger. The following is a list of some of these qualities:
- being independent and self-sufficient
- being positive, upbeat, and warm
- talking about others in a positive way
- being honest and dependable
- doing your share of both the talking and listening...
|Posted on October 6, 2016 at 8:55 PM|
Friends Are Good for Your Health
Everybody needs friends, but not everybody knows how to make friends and keep them. Demands from job and family can leave many people with little energy for bringing new people into their lives or for nurturing the relationships they already have. But friends are important to your health.
"Research has shown that people who do not have strong support from friends and family live shorter lives and suffer more from stress...Read Full Post »
|Posted on May 6, 2016 at 1:55 AM|
10 Ways to Make New Friends
1. Figure out who you want to be friends with and why you like these people.
2. Get involved with activities such as sports, religious groups, or other things that interest you.
3. Introduce yourself and remember names.
4. Work on good conversation skills so that you get better at both listening and talking.
5. Be sensitive to other people.
6. Take compliments politely without seeming full of you...Read Full Post »