Creating a family environment where everyone can thrive
The Family HeartSpace Program is designed to facilitate a heart focused family environment. Helping families with sensitive and challenging dynamics expand their skillset and begin working together in a healthy way. This includes newly formed families, new family members, and those who are seeking new ways of working together to meet interpersonal needs of everyone.
This program introduces the knowledge, concepts, and skills for building family coherence designed to use active learning approaches that involve active engagement through discussions, problem solving, role plays and other methods.
- Create an environment that is emotionally safe
- Better manage emotional undercurrents, relational discord
- Speak clearly and be understood
- HeartMath techniques
- Increase connectedness with family members
- Achieve greater family harmony
- Faster, more accurate and creative decision-making
- Shorter time in resolving challenges
- Increase positive energy and sense of well-being
- Enhance intuition for increasing creativity and finding solutions to problems
- Increase sense of appreciation of collective action
- Collaborate from a more complete perspective
Most of us have been taught in school that the heart is constantly responding to “orders” sent by the brain in the form of neural signals. However, it is not as commonly known that the heart actually sends more signals to the brain than the brain sends to the heart! These heart signals have a significant effect on brain function – influencing emotional processing as well as higher cognitive faculties such as attention, perception, memory, and problem-solving. In other words, not only does the heart respond to the brain, but the brain continuously responds to the heart.
Research confirms that when an individual is heart coherent, the heart radiates a measurably more coherent electromagnetic signal into the environment that can be detected by the nervous system other people and animals.
“Our thoughts, emotions, and attitudes affect the vibrations in the heart’s magnetic field, which energetically affects others positively or negatively, whether or not we are aware of it.” -Doc Childre
HeartMath research has demonstrated that different patterns of heart activity (which accompany different emotional states) have distinct effects on cognitive and emotional function. During stress and negative emotions, when the heart rhythm pattern is erratic and disordered, the corresponding pattern of neural signals traveling from the heart to the brain inhibits higher cognitive functions. This limits our ability to think clearly, remember, learn, reason, and make effective decisions. This helps explain why we may often act impulsively and unwisely when we’re under stress. The heart’s input to the brain during stressful or negative emotions also has a profound effect on the brain’s emotional processes—actually serving to reinforce the emotional experience of stress.
In contrast, the more ordered and stable pattern of the heart’s input to the brain during positive emotional states has the opposite effect – it facilitates cognitive function and reinforces positive feelings and emotional stability. This means that learning to generate increased heart rhythm coherence, by sustaining positive emotions, not only benefits the entire body, but also profoundly affects how we perceive, think, feel, and perform.
Family dynamics can play a key role in the family's ability to communicate, connect with each other, and to work together to resolve issues. When any member of the family is struggling, it is felt throughout the whole family.
THE HEARTMATH EXPERIENCE
Our hearts are highly sensitive to the effects of stress and we can see this in measures of heart rhythms. Learn simple effective techniques that can be used to uplift family energy and teach family members how to respond to situations in a healthy way.
Integrate the concept of Family HeartSpace into your home. Bring everyone's physical, mental, and emotional systems into balance and alignment with your heart’s intuitive guidance. This is where the family creates an environment where everyone can thrive.
HeartMath Research reveals that the heart receives intuitive information before the brain, according to published research conducted by the HeartMath Institute. Learn to bring your brain, mind, body and emotions into balanced alignment. This balanced state is called coherence. As we slow down our minds and attune to our deeper heart feelings, our natural intuitive connection begins to flow. Using HeartMath techniques have been shown to provide a wide range of long-term benefits.
- Establish family’s heart qualities and values with the power of positive energy and attitudes
- Identify primary sources of stress that cause energy drains
- Learn a basic and very effective technique that helps raise personal vibration to lifting family energy
- Discover an important of ‘heart-coherence’ which underlies harmony
- Learn to reset ingrained, unwanted patterns or habits
- Experience the heart as a source of intelligence that acts as intuitive guidance
- Explore the art of coherent communication and how we can affect one another energetically
- Learn to move from discord to harmony through easy HeartMath techniques
- Reinforce positive changes and establishing a new baseline for lasting change
How STRESS AFFECTS the BODY?
- Purpose: To increase awareness and understanding of how stress affects the body.
- When to Use: Before you begin to practice any of the HeartMath techniques, review the facts of stress and the impact.
HeartMath Heart-Focused Breathing Technique
- Purpose: To shift attention, build composure, save energy
- When to Use: Use in the moment to reduce the intensity of depleting emotions.
HeartMath Depletion to Renewal Grid Worksheet
- Purpose: To identify depleting and renewing emotions
- When to Use: Increase awareness of emotions.
HeartMath Quick Coherence Technique
- Purpose: To regulate emotions, build coherence, increase energy, increase resilience
- When to Use: Use in the moment to shift depleting emotions, for conflicts, or to prepare for difficult conversations.
HeartMath Heart Lock-In Technique
- Purpose: To build coherent baseline, improves and radiates a coherent field for others
- When to Use: Use for personal practice 10-15 minutes per day. Use in the moment to assist someone with co-regulation.
HeartMath Shift and Lift Technique
- Purpose: To lift the vibrational environment surrounding you and the family
- When to Use: Use in family discussions and meetings. Teach family members to help lift the vibration level.
HeartMath Freeze Frame Technique
- Purpose: To increase access to intuitive guidance for decision making, problem solving, or creative thinking, and enhances mental clarity.
- When to Use: Use for situations that feel stuck and would benefit from a new perspective, attitude or solution. Use to assist in making patient care decisions.
At Life Esteem we believe in inspiring and empowering you to establish a safe and enjoyable environment and create a family HeartSpace. If you are interested in the specific coaching and mentoring for your particular situation, contact us and we will schedule a consultation session to discuss your specific needs.
If you have any questions, please call
“Positive emotion-focused techniques, like those developed by HeartMath, can help individuals effectively replace stressful thoughts and emotional patterns with more positive perceptions and emotions.” - NBC Today
“Remarkably, simply by recalling a positive emotion the heart rhythms smooth out.” - ABC World New Tonight
“Not only does HeartMath reduce fluctuations in heart rate and blood pressure, it can increase mental acuteness and overall performance.” - CBS
“(HeartMath is) a mind-body approach that harnesses people’s ability to improve their health.” - Natural Health
“The HeartMath stress-reduction training program is transforming the way people live their lives.” - Roll Call
"This program is great for the family. I have tools to help me and my family handle things better. Thank you."
"It validated for me what is important and not important to my well-being. I am better off and more grounded than I thought I was. It also confirmed to me, my support structure and the loving support I have around me.”
"I have learned so much working with Cathy. I am more aware of my sources of stress, and how to use techniques to improve my well-being and resilience to prepare for anything that comes my way. I the tools and I will use them daily."
"Thank you for your time today. Every time we chat, I realize again how very fortunate I am to have met you. I feel strongly that people do come into your life for a particular reason, whether for a short time frame or longer term, and you are one of those people for me. I really appreciate the fact that your own life experiences enhance your ability to help me in identifying a better way of thinking and approaching matters. You exude such positivity and compassion I feel like I've known you forever. You are truly a wonderful coach, colleague and friend."
"I was not even aware of the stress I was holding on to, until I learned the HeartMath techniques. Now I notice immediately when something is stressful and have the techniques and mind set to change my perception and deal with the situation in a positive way. Wow!! this really work."
"I know now how to reduce stressful thinking, be happier, and improve my attitude by using the techniques I learned. Thank you!"
“What you taught me so far... Is working miracles! I am so grateful for you!”
"These techniques have helped me see reality, to see thing for what they are and not take things so personal."
"I am less concerned about what others think of me. I have learned I am important, and these techniques have taught me to see things from a larger view point."
"Tuning into your heart’s wisdom creates a profound shift within that helps you approach situations with more emotional balance, compassion, clarity and personal confidence."
"Great program! It was informative. You explained things with real life examples which made it easy to understand, and you made it fun."
"At work and at home I am able to bounce back from negative situations, because I have the tools and techniques that help me respond to the situation in a healthy way."
"I received some bad news regarding the health of one family member, and typically I would have been very emotional and unable to know what to do. I used the HeartMath techniques and was calm and able to handle the situations during this news."
"I don’t get frustrated or angry any more. I see things from a new perceptive."
"I am less worried about things, and I do not play negative situations over and over in my head. I am able to let go things I do not have control over. I learned I have control over my emotions."
"I learned more options to dealing with problem situations, which will help me make healthier choices and bounce back easily during challenging situations."
"I learned what makes me happy and I
have a positive attitude now. These techniques really work!!"
"When challenging situation happen, I am able to bounce back faster. I also have new ways to communicate, which will improve my relationships with my family and others."